Inspirational quotes about hard work can make a big difference in your life, and you should read them often. No matter what you’re going through, there is always something to be thankful for and something to look forward to. Hard work is the most important thing you can do to get ahead. Without being willing to work hard and put everything into a business, it’s almost impossible to make money.
If you work hard and work well with your coworkers, your business will grow and be a big success no matter what you do. People who own and run businesses will tell you that some days are much more productive than others. This is true even for people who work for other people. When we focus on the good, the bad is less likely to come into our lives. If you’re feeling down or discouraged, here are some quotes that will inspire you and help you keep your head up and keep going.
Here are some inspirational quotes about hard work:
- Francis of Assisi
“Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible”
- Pierre Corneille
“The greater the effort, the greater the glory”
- Maya Angelou
“Nothing will work unless you do”
- Thomas Edison
“The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time”
- Larry Bird
“I’ve got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end”
- “Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do”
- “Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work”
- “Work is the grand cure for all the maladies and miseries that ever beset mankind – honest work, which you intend getting done”
- “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come”
Motivational Quotes For Work
1. Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day. – Dalai Lama
2. For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work. ~ Jessica Savitch, television news presenter and correspondent
3. Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory. – Mohandas Gandhi
4. The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible. – Charles Kingsleigh
5. I work hard because I love my work. ~ Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder
6. Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs. ~ Malcolm Forbes, entrepreneur and Forbes magazine publisher
7. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. – Michael Jordan
8. Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice. ~ Henry Ford, American industrialist
9. I learned the value of hard work by working hard. ~ Margaret Mead, author and cultural anthropologist
10. Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is hard work. – Stephen King
11. Working hard is great, being lazy sometimes is great, but failed potential is the worst. – Campbell Scott
12. I’ve learned that anything in life worth having comes from patience and hard work. ~ Greg Behrendt, comedian and author
13. Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston S. Churchill
14. Sticking to good habits can be hard work, and mistakes are part of the process. Don’t declare failure simply because you messed up or because you’re having trouble reaching your goals. Instead, use your mistakes as opportunities to grow stronger and become better. ~ Amy Morin, author and clinical social worker
15. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. – Salvador Dali
16. It’s hard to beat a person who doesn’t give up. – Babe Ruth
17. The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are Hard work, stick-to-itiveness, and common sense. – Thomas Edison
18. It takes a lot of unspectacular preparation to have spectacular results in both business and football. ~ Roger Staubach, former NFL quarterback and US Navy officer
19. Real courage is when you know you’re licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what. – Unknown
20. No matter how hard you work, someone else is working harder. – Elon Musk
21. The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work, second, stick-to-itiveness, third, common sense. – Thomas A. Edison
Short Hard Work Quotes
23. With hard work, you can get fire out of a stone.
24. Success doesn’t happen overnight. And the most successful individuals are those who are willing to put in a productive day’s work before they even receive success. If you’re struggling to motivate your team, show them the following famous hard work quotes about business success:
25. Either you run the day or the day runs you.
26. I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed. ~ Booker T. Washington, educator and presidential advisor
27. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
28. No pain no gain.
29. The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, stick-to-itiveness, and common sense. ~ Thomas Edison, inventor
30. I think that my biggest attribute to any success that I have had is hard work. There really is no substitute for working hard. ~ Maria Bartiromo, television journalist and author
31. Hard choices, easy life. Easy choices, hard life.
32. Talent without working hard is nothing.
33. The harder you work for something, the more you value it.
34. Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success. ~ Thomas J. Watson, CEO of IBM
35. If you are willing to work hard and ask lots of questions, you can learn business pretty fast. ~ Steve Jobs, Apple co-founder
36. Being hardworking is the best thing you can show children.
37. Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is hard work. ~ Stephen King, American author
38. What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose. ~ Margaret Thatcher, former UK Prime Minister
39. It’s not about money or connection — it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone. ~ Mark Cuban, American investor
40. I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright, architect and writer
41. Stop doubting yourself, work hard, and make it happen.
42. Hard work never brings fatigue. It brings satisfaction.
43. The only difference between success and failure is the ability to take action. ~ Alexander Graham Bell, Inventor
44. If you see me less, I’m doing more.
45. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. ~ Oprah Winfrey, media mogul
46. Hard work is the formula for real success.
47. Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get. ~ Ray Kroc, American fast food tycoon
48. There are no shortcuts everything is reps, reps, reps.
Best Hard Work Quotes
50. Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. – Stephen King
51. Success is best when it’s shared. ~ Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks
52. The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison. ~ J.C. Penney, retail magnate
53. Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work. – Peter Drucker
54. Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. ~ Henry Ford, American industrialist
55. Talent means nothing, while experience, acquired in humility and with hard work, means everything. – Patrick Suskind
56. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. – Thomas Jefferson
57. Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers. – Pat Riley
58. A lot of hard work is hidden behind nice things. – Ralph Lauren
59. Reality is easy. It’s deception that’s the hard work. – Lauryn Hill is a (Songwriter from Los Angeles, California)
60. Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers, on the other hand, see it as punishment. And that’s the difference. – Lou Holtz
61. Everyone’s like, ‘overnight sensation.’ It’s not overnight. It’s years of hard work. – Margot Robbie
62. If you have a dream, it’s definitely achievable through hard work, through dedication, sacrifice, everything. – Carli Lloyd
63. I’ve learned that anything in life worth having comes from patience and hard work. – Greg Behrendt
64. It’s a wonderful feeling to reach a target after putting a lot of effort. – Priyanshu Singh
65. Luck is great, but most of life is hard work. – Iain Duncan Smith
66. Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results. ~ Andrew Carnegie, business magnate and philanthropist
67. In fitness, there are no short cuts. It involves immense discipline and hard work. – Mahesh Babu
68. With hard work and effort, you can achieve anything. – Antoine Griezmann
69. Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers. ~ Pat Riley, basketball coach
70. Hard work compounds like interest, and the earlier you do it, the more time you have for the benefits to pay off. – Sam Altman
71. The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. ~ Vince Lombardi, Hall of Fame coach
72. Work hard! In the end, passion and hard work beat out natural talent. – Pete Docter
73. The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime. ~ Babe Ruth, baseball legend
74. Success for an athlete follows many years of hard work and dedication. – Michael Diamond
75. In the end, all business operation can be reduced to three words: people, products, and profits. Unless you’ve got a good team, you can’t do much with the other two. ~ Lee Iacocca, President, CEO of Chrysler
76. Great companies are built in the office, with hard work put in by a team. ~ Emily Chang, journalist and executive producer
77. Hard work is an essential element in tracking down and perfecting a strategy or in executing it. – Charlie Munger
78. If you love your work, you’ll be out there every day trying to do it the best you possibly can, and pretty soon everybody around will catch the passion from you – like a fever. ~ Sam Walton, founder of Walmart
79. No one understands and appreciates the American Dream of hard work leading to material rewards better than a non-American. – Anthony Bourdain
Quotes About Success And Hard work
81. Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it. ~ Henry Ford, American industrialist and founder of Ford Motor Co.
82. Work hard, have fun, make history. ~ Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder
83. Your friends will believe in your potential, your enemies will make you live up to it. – Tim Fargo
84. All roads that lead to success have to pass through hard work boulevard at some point. – Eric Thomas
85. A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work. ~ Colin Powell, former U.S. Defense Secretary
86. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. ~ Colin Powell, former U.S. Defense Secretary
87. Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them. – Ann Landers
88. No matter how hard you work, someone else is working harder. ~ Elon Musk, entrepreneur
89. Success in business requires training and discipline and hard work. But if you’re not frightened by these things, the opportunities are just as great today as they ever were. – David Rockefeller
90. Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard. ~ Tim Notke, basketball coach
91. Without labor, nothing prospers. ~ Sophocles, philosopher
92. Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy. ~ Dale Carnegie, American business icon
93. Because of fear, most people don’t dream big. – Israelmore Ayivor
94. Your success as a family… our success as a nation… depends not on what happens inside the White House, but on what happens inside your house. – Barbara Bush
95. You can achieve anything you put your mind and hard work to. – Sara Sampaio
96. I never took a day off in my 20s. Not one. ~ Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder
97. If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results. – Jack Dixon
98. Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did. – Newt Gingrich
99. We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in. ~ Ariana Huffington, businesswoman and author
100. I’ve read something that Bill Gates said about six months ago. He said, ‘I worked really, really hard in my 20s.’ And I know what he means because I worked really, really hard in my 20s too. Literally, you know, 7 days a week, a lot of hours every day. And it actually is a wonderful thing to do, because you can get a lot done. But you can’t do it forever, and you don’t want to do it forever, and you have to come up with ways of figuring out what the most important things are and working with other people even more. ~ Steve Jobs, Apple co-founder
101. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. ~ Vidal Sassoon, hairdressing business tycoon
102. People simply feel better about themselves when they’re good at something. – Stephen R. Covey
103. I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. – Thomas Jefferson
104. Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence. – Colin Powell
105. There is no time for cut-and-dried monotony. There is time for work. And time for love. That leaves no other time. ~ Coco Chanel, fashion icon
106. Don’t worry about being successful but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow. – Oprah
107. Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. ~ Mahatma Gandhi, Indian activist
108. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson, former President of the United States
109. Men die of boredom, psychological conflict and disease. They do not die of hard work. ~ David Ogilvy, advertising business tycoon
110. There is no magic to achievement. It’s really about hard work, choices, and persistence. – Michelle Obama
Self-Belief And Hard Work Quotes
112. A dream does not become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work. – Colin Powell
113. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pele
114. Confidence comes from hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication. – Robert Staubach
115. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses. – Kobe Bryant
116. No one ever drowned in sweat. – Mark Twain
117. Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time. – Arnold H. Glasow
118. If you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen. – Conan O’Brien
119. Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it.
120. If you work hard enough and assert yourself, and use your mind and imagination, you can shape the world to your desires. – Malcolm Gladwell
121. Hard work is not the only recipe for success. Destiny plays a huge role.
122. Hard work pays off with time. – Hillary Clinton
123. When you have a lot of confidence and you feel like nobody can beat you, it’s game over for everyone else. – Unknown
124. Hard work is the only path to success. – Vince Lombardi
125. One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a horse master. He told me to go slow to go fast. I think that applies to everything in life. We live as though there aren’t enough hours in the day but if we do each thing calmly and carefully we will get it done quicker and with much less stress. – Viggo Mortensen
126. Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better. – Jim Rohn
127. Success is not measured by your talent or skills; but by your children’s success. – Unknown
128. If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all. – Michelangelo
129. If you try and lose then it isn’t your fault. But if you don’t try and we lose, then it’s all your fault.
Hard Work Quotes
131. Patience and hard work pay off, never doubt or lose faith in them.
132. The harder you work for something, the greater you will feel when you achieve it.
133. I will wake up tomorrow and all my Hard work will look like an overnight success. – CV Pillay
134. Hard work pays off – hard work beats talent any day, but if you’re talented and work hard, it’s hard to beat. – Robert Griffin
135. Hard work pays off most of the time but keeps at it and you’ll do just fine.
136. Laziness pays of overnight however hard work pays off throughout your life.
137. One of the best sources of motivation in the business world is the reward earned. Below are many inspirational quotes from successful individuals that focus on all the good things that can be achieved through hard work and effective cooperation within a team.
138. Hard work pays off and pays the bills.
139. Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity. ~ Calvin Coolidge, former President of the United States
140. Nothing worth having comes easy.
141. Stay dedicated it’s not going to happen overnight.
142. Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.
143. It doesn’t matter if you work till your back cracks as long as it’s worth it. Hard work pays and it always leaves a lasting impression. – Frank Matobo
144. Nothing in this world is handed to you. You have to go out and get it! Nobody said it would be easy but hard work always pays off.
145. I do not know anyone who has got to the top without hard work. That is the recipe. It will not always get you to the top, but should get you pretty near. ~ Margaret Thatcher, Former UK Prime Minister
146. A lot of hard work is hidden behind nice things. ~ Ralph Lauren, fashion designer and business executive
147. Hard work pays off if you’re patient enough to see it through.
148. All the hard work pays off when you hear those 3 words ‘we want you.
149. Hard work will take you to the top. But talent will only bring you to the door.
Famous Hard Work Quotes
151. Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come. – Dwayne Johnson
152. Success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. ~ Winston S. Churchill, former British Prime Minister
153. We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. – Benjamin Franklin
154. It’s impossible to work hard for something you don’t enjoy. – Keiko
155. I learned that the only way you are going to get anywhere in life is to work hard at it. – Bruce Jenner
156. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
157. Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit. ~ Conrad Hilton, hotelier and business magnate
158. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. ~ Pele, Brazilian soccer player
159. In a gentle way, you can shake the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
160. The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus. ~ Bruce Lee, martial artist and movie star
161. I’m against retiring. The thing that keeps a man alive is having something to do. ~ Colonel Sanders, KFC founder
162. Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down. ~ Charles F. Kettering, auto industry magnate
163. Be honest, work hard, have fun, be grateful, and pay it forward. – Bruce T. Halle
164. The average person puts only 25% of his energy and ability into his work. The world takes off its hat to those who put in more than 50% of their capacity, and stands on its head for those few and far between souls who devote 100%. ~ Andrew Carnegie, business magnate and philanthropist
165. Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come. ~ Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, former wrestler and actor
166. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle. – Abraham Lincoln
167. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard. – Unknown
168. I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come indirectly through accident, except the phonograph. No, when I have fully decided that a result is worth getting I go about it, and make trial after trial until it comes. ~ Thomas Edison, inventor and businessman
169. I think that my biggest attribute to any success that I have had is hard work. There really is no substitute for working hard. – Maria Bartiromo
170. It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. – Jillian Michaels
171. Dreams can come true, but there is a secret. They’re realized through the magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice, focus & hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over years, not weeks. – Elbert Hubbard
172. If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time. ~ Steve Jobs, co-Founder of Apple Inc.
173. Entrepreneurship is a great leveler. The wonderful thing is that money is not the sole currency when it comes to starting a business; drive, determination, passion and hard work are all free and more valuable than a pot of cash. ~ Richard Branson, Serial entrepreneur
174. Hard work without talent is a shame, but talent without hard work is a tragedy. – Robert Half
175. Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment. – Oprah Winfrey
176. There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure. – Colin Powell
177. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony. – Mahatma Gandhi
178. Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise. – Frank Ocean
It takes a lot of hard work and dedication for any business leader to get where they are now. The following leaders, entrepreneurs, and business geniuses all agree that working hard is very important. Teamwork improves when people work together. There are a lot of things that can help teams be more productive, such as sharing ideas and thoughts. However, because there are a lot of people on the team, it’s important to keep them all excited. This makes sure there are no weak points in the group’s work. The following hard-work quotes about teamwork might help you or your team get going.
It’s often possible to get a group of people excited about something by giving them a rousing speech or by giving them some inspirational words. It makes them work together to finish their jobs. However, there are times when people on the team need a more personalized approach to their work. These famous hard-work quotes can help you motivate your team members to keep going even when they don’t want to. Make them more powerful than the sum of their parts.
Then check out our motivational quotes image gallery where you can share them with your friends. You can also check out more business quotes, like motivational sales quotes, there. Did you or your team have a bad day? It’s a good idea to share a few of these famous hard-work quotes with yourself and your team.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 57 Inspirational Christmas Messages to Write in a Card
- 40 Happy New Year Spiritual Quotes, Messages and Wishes
- 45 Christmas Eve Messages for Friends
- 55 Happy Birthday Wishes for Boss
- 50 Good Luck Messages for Exams
- 50 Inspirational Quotes About Love
- 115 Sweet and Happy Romantic Birthday Wishes – Birthday Messages
- 35 Best Quotes On Good Person and Inspirational Sayings
- 70 Brother Quotes – Best, Famous, Love and Funny
- 45 Trust Quotes On Honesty and Sayings
- 45 Motivational Inspirational Quotes That Will Inspire You
- 35 Best Quotes On Teamwork and Associations Gathering Collaboration
- 70 Inspirational Quotes For Work – Motivation To Hard Work
- 100 Inspirational Business Quotes To Get Inspire
- 145 Inspirational Hard Work Quotes That Will Inspire
- Life3 months ago
60 Strong Prayer For Boyfriend – Prayer For Lover Success, Blessings
- Motivational Messages5 years ago
677 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes
- Friendship4 months ago
145 Happy Birthday Paragraph For Best Friend: Long and Beautiful Bff paragraph
- Motivational Messages5 years ago
600 Inspirational Life Quotes To Motivate You Every Day
- Life3 years ago
28 Amazing Good Morning Quotes and Wishes with Beautiful Images
- Motivational Messages5 years ago
347 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes (Inspiring)
- Life6 months ago
100 Inspirational Buddha Quotes And Sayings That Will Enlighten You
- Life7 months ago
35 Good Morning Quotes And Images That Will Inspire Your Day