Quotes About Sisters: If you are by yourself, she will follow you around like a shadow, and if you have a problem, she will be there to help you solve it whenever it arises. Moreover, if you care about your sister, you should send her a copy of these wonderful quotes about sisters, and you should also include some of these quotes in your social media stories in order to make her feel extra special. If you have a sister, then you are one of the luckiest people alive because your sister will always take care of you and protect you as a mother would, and she will always support you no matter what the circumstances are. I am well aware that throughout your life, you will engage in a variety of activities, including squabbles and friendly competition. But the truth is that bickering with your sister and being honest about how you feel both contribute to the development of an unbreakable bond.
How can I convey to my sister that I love her even if we never speak those words? It is not easy to provide an answer to this question. We are all aware of the profound love that exists between siblings, despite this, it is not uncommon for them to argue with one another. The best way to convey to your sister how much you care for her is to be there for her through the highs and lows of her life, show her patience and understanding, and share in her joys and successes with her. You get into it. You engage in cooperative play. You essentially “borrow” one another’s wardrobes. You make fun of one another. You play around with your mother’s makeup. Having a sister can be a blessing, but it can also be a source of frustration. It’s like sharing a room with both your best friend and the popular bully at school. Having a sister is likely to be the most challenging and rewarding relationship you’ll ever have in your life.
Best Sister Quotes That Make Your Bond Stronger – Nevertheless, the bond that exists between sisters is unlike any other. You are aware that what you have is unique, and no one else but you should bother her. This is true regardless of whether you are the responsible older sister or the free-spirited younger sister. In honor of the bond that sisters share, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite funny and sweet quotes about sisters from famous people, books, poems, plays, and movies. Use them as inspiration for the next birthday card you send to your sister; you’ll both be able to relate to them.
Most Famous Sister Quotes
1. I smile because you’re my sister. I laugh because you can’t do anything about it. – Unknown
2. “Boys seemed incredibly tedious and dim compared to my sisters, who were always a rush of energy and excitement, buzzing over all the books, records, jokes, rumors and ideas we were discovering together.” —Rob Sheffield
3. When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us? – Pam Brown
4. As you’re growing up and you’re close, you can’t trust anyone the way you trust your sister, but also they have the power to wound you in ways no one else really does. – Ally Condie
5. A sister is a forever friend.
6. A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite. – Elizabeth Fishel
7. Never let an angry sister comb your hair. – Patricia McCann
8. What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention. – Claire Cook
9. You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they’re the only ones who don’t get bored if you talk about your memories. – Deborah Moggach
10. The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation. – Oscar Wilde
11. “I know my sister like I know my own mind/You will never find anyone as trusting or as kind…I love my sister more than anything in this life/I will choose her happiness over mine every time.” —Hamilton
12. Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other. – Carol Saline
13. You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you. – George R.R. Martin
14. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” —Benjamin Disraeli
15. If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater. – Pam Brown
16. “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” ―Claire Cook
17. Sisters are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way. – Pamela Dugdale
18. “If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?” —Jodi Picoult
19. A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double. – Toni Morrison
20. Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer. – Louise Gluck
21. Sisters are best friends, they are advisors, they are teachers, and best of all they are people with whom you can talk with about anything – someone you have a special bond with! – Catherine Pulsifer
22. As I grew up, one of my strongest allies was my sister. – Patti Smith
23. Sisters make the best friends in the world. – Marilyn Monroe
24. More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good. – Linda Sunshine
25. Sisters are people who know each other so well that they finish each other’s sentences.
26. “When my sister, Joan, arrived I asked if I could swap her for a rabbit. When I think what a marvelous friend she’s been, I’m so glad my parents didn’t take me at my word.” —Maeve Binchy
27. In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips. – Unknown
28. My sister ‘was the light of my life. – Solomon Thomas
29. If you don’t annoy your big sister for no good reason from time to time, she thinks you don’t love her anymore. – Pearl Cleage
30. The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend. – Cali Rae Turner
31. “I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness.” —Emily Dickinson
32. Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow. – Benjamin Disraeli
33. There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister. – Tia Mowry
34. Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything. – Lauren Weisberger
35. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” —Pam Brown
36. The most valuable thing I have is my sister.
37. The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. – Clara Ortega
38. “If you don’t annoy your big sister for no good reason from time to time, she thinks you don’t love her anymore.” —Pearl Cleage
39. A sister’s love is forever, and on your birthday I wish you nothing but the best. – Danielle Duckery
40. “Never let an angry sister brush your hair.” —Anonymous
41. A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life. – Deborah Tannen
42. You can kid the world, but not your sister. – Charlotte Gray
43. When traveling life’s journey it’s good to have a sister’s hand to hold on to. – Anonymous
44. My sister taught me everything I really need to know, and she was only in sixth grade at the time. – Linda Sunshine
45. I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts. – Venus Williams
46. “There is no place for secrets in sisterhood.” —Erin Forbes
47. I could never love anyone as I love my sisters. – Little Women
48. My sister is the one person who truly knows me, as I know her. – Lisa See
49. There’s no better friend than a sister. – Mary Engelbreit
50. Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister? – Alice Walker
51. Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five. – Pam Brown
52. “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” —Marilyn Monroe
53. “But the love of sisters needs no words. It does not depend on memories, or mementos, or proof. It runs as deep as a heartbeat. It is as ever-present as a pulse.” —Lisa Wingate
54. When my sister, Joan, arrived I asked if I could swap her for a rabbit. When I think what a marvelous friend she’s been, I’m so glad my parents didn’t take me at my word. – Maeve Binchy
Sister Short Quotes
56. Sisters break each other hearts… After that, they fix each other to hear.
57. Even if the world crashes, you are and will forever be my sister.
58. A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.
59. Even when the entire world is against you, remember, there’s always one girl that is willing to be with you.
60. Sometimes I get so jealous of my sister because she’s just so beautiful!
61. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” —Anonymous
62. Sister is like scissors. If 1 side isn’t there it will never work.
63. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” —Jojo Moyes
64. No matter how far you are, you’ll always be in my heart, dearest sister.
65. “Among the merits and the happiness of Elinor and Marianne let it not be ranked as the least considerable that though sisters, and living almost within sight of each other, they could live without disagreement between themselves.” —Jane Austen
66. If you and your sister tell lies together so both of you won’t get into trouble.
67. I may not be the best at expressing it, but I know my sister knows I love her.
68. “As you’re growing up and you’re close, you can’t trust anyone the way you trust your sister, but also they have the power to wound you in ways no one else really does.” —Ally Condie
69. “Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister, and lord help the sister who comes between me and my man.” —Irving Berlin
70. Break my sister’s heart and I’ll break your face, because I know if someone broke my heart, she’d break his face too.
71. “I could never love anyone as I love my sisters.” —Little Women film adaptation (
72. “I’m the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don’t have anything. It’s hard. I love her too much. That’s what counts.” —Venus Williams
73. You will never know how much your sister loves you because it cannot be counted.
74. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?” —Alice Walker
75. A sister can make all the difference in life .
76. My sister can be such a pig.
77. “The only person I lie to is my little sister, when I steal her clothes.” —Kendall Jenner
78. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.” —Linda Sunshine
79. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” —Anonymous
80. Beloved, you are my sister, you are my daughter, you are my face, you are me.
81. “My sister was the one person who told me not to change, that my skin was beautiful. She really helped me feel good about myself.” —Khoudia Diop
82. Whenever my parents scold both of us at the same time, we hold our hands tightly and we know what it means.
83. Nothing can replace the relationship I have with my sister.
84. A sister is a special type of angel on earth who brings out your best qualities.
85. I am lucky to have you as my sister, now and always.
86. Having my sister around can make the difference between heaven and hell.
87. Brothers and sisters are one of the constant things in the lives of many people.
88. “A sister is both your mirror—and your opposite.” —Elizabeth Fishel
89. If your sister fight with you often is good cause it means she cares for you.
Emotional Deep Sister Quotes
91. Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected their own secret language of smiles, sniffs, sighs, gasps, winks, and eye rolls.
92. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark.
93. Our roots say we’re sisters, our hearts say we’re friends. – Unknown
94. She’s always there for me when I need her, She’s my best friend, she’s just my everything.
95. My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder who’s memories belong to whom.
96. We may look old and wise to the outside world. But to each other, we are still in junior school. – Charlotte Gray
97. We acquire friends and we make enemies, but our sisters come with the territory. – Evelyn Loeb
98. I’m smiling because we’re sisters. I’m laughing because there’s nothing you can do about it.
99. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.
100. Your sister is your only friend that would always stay by your side, despite the worst situations that could ever happen. your sister is your only friend that would always stay by your side, despite the worst situations that could ever happen. – Unknown
101. If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.
102. There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book, or simply close it.
103. “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” —Barbara Alpert
104. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” —Carol Saline
105. We didn’t want to admit it then, but we were friends. Best friends. – Shannon Celebi
106. Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form. – Jeffrey Kluger
107. I do not see as well without her, I do not hear as well without her, I do not feel as well without her, I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister. – Erin Morgenstern
108. “You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.” —George R.R. Martin
109. At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them.
110. Husbands come and go; children come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that’s never lost is your sister. – Gail Sheeny
111. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, To fetch one if one goes astray, To lift one if one totters down, To strengthen whilst one stands.” —Christina Rossetti
112. Sisters are like cats. They claw each other all the time but still snuggle up and daydream together.
113. Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within a family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.
114. “We’ll always fight, but we’ll always make up as well. That’s what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time.” —Lisa See
115. My sister was the one person who told me not to change, that my skin was beautiful. She really helped me feel good about myself. – Khoudia Diop
116. My sister is a big part of my actual style. Our style is not similar whatsoever, but she helped me find myself and find what I really liked.
117. Also remember, sisters, make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too.
118. “Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.” —Louise Glück
119. Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams, and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be.
120. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling even in the dark.
121. A sibling is the lens through which you see your childhood. – Ann Hood
122. If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone? – Jodi Picoult
123. Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy. – Jojo Moyes
124. “Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree.” —Anonymous
125. Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me. – Beyoncé
126. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” —Amy Li
127. Without her and her sickness, I would not be here. And without me being a perfect match for my sister, she would not be here as well. – Marissa Ayala
128. “There were once two sisters who were not afraid of the dark because the dark was full of the other’s voice across the room, because even when the night was thick and starless they walked home together from the river seeing who could last the longest without turning on her flashlight, not afraid.” —Jandy Nelson
129. A sister will always notice her sister’s first gray hairs with glee. – Allison M. Lee
130. “Your sister knows everything to say to piss you off. But sisters tend to be each other’s biggest champion and also their hardest critics.” —Erin Foster
131. “I grew up believing my sister was from the planet Neptune and had been sent down to Earth to kill me. I believed this because my sister Emily convinced me of it when I was a toddler…There’s a part of me that still believes it. I have moments when I think, ‘Hmm, could that be true?’ Occasionally I ask my sister about it and she responds by pulling an alien face, which only confuses matters.” —Zooey Deschanel
132. Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. – Marc Brown
133. Of two sisters, one is always the watcher, one the dancer.
134. “A sister is like yourself in a different movie, a movie that stars you in a different life.” —Deborah Tannen
135. “Acquaintances were always on their best behavior, but sisters loved each other enough to say anything.” —Lauren Weisberger
136. A sister is everything you wish you could be and everything you wish you weren’t.
137. You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as yo are to them. – Desmond Tutu
138. “Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me.” —Beyoncé
139. You know full well as I do the value of sisters’ affections; there is nothing like it in this world.
140. A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.
141. Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree. – Unknown
142. “You ever hear Dad introduce us to people? ‘This our daughter Dottie. And this is our other daughter, Dottie’s sister.’ They should’ve just had you and bought a dog.” —A League of Their Own
Funny Sister Quotes
144. “My sister…is the person who keeps me in line, whether I like it or not. I trust her and also have a good, healthy fear of her.” —Katy Perry
145. “My first beauty moment was when I was probably four years old. My sister and I snuck into my mom’s room and got into her makeup. We put on blush and lipstick and eyeshadow. I will always remember that day.” —Stella Maxwell
146. “There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.” —Mary Worley Montagu
147. My younger sister is my responsibility. If you mess with her, you will be messing with me too.
148. Sister, you are annoying but I have to live with it.
149. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves—a special kind of double.” —Toni Morrison
150. You’re like the first pancake sister, always a little weird.
151. Life is too short to be serious! If you can’t laugh at yourself, call me up. I will laugh at your sister. Any day.
152. “I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister.” —Erin Morgenstern
153. Sisters are the crabs in the lawn of life!
154. Adventures with your sister, are not as sweet as chocolates. They are like a jar of jalapenos. What we do, always comes back to bite our ass tomorrow.
155. Only I can make my sister cry! You, on the other hand, don’t even get to think about it.
156. Here’s to another year of getting closer to Velcro shoes, sister!
157. “We have our own, unspoken language—a look that makes one of us fall on the floor laughing or the slight inflection in our voice that conveys everything. It is the ability to prod laughter and love no matter how much your heart might hurt. Someone who sees you exactly as you are and thinks that is enough. Someone who will walk next to you always.” —Barbara Bush, on twin sister Jenna Bush Hager
158. Sis, we are not getting older, we are getting awesome! Happy birthday!
159. “That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” —Gemma Burgess
160. A person without a sister is like a bird without wings.
161. Sometimes, I like you better than a coffee sister. That speaks volumes.
162. I smile because you’re my sister, I laugh because you can’t do anything about it.
163. I liked you better when you were a baby, sis!
164. Sister your poor jokes are always so poor.
165. Am I not the coolest person you know sister?
166. “Four sisters, parted for an hour/None lost, one only gone before/Made by love’s immortal power/Nearest and dearest evermore.” —Louisa May Alcott
167. Sister, you are lucky to have me!
168. “I’m smiling because we’re sisters. I’m laughing because there’s nothing you can do about it.” —Anonymous
169. Sister, you laugh, I laugh. You cry I cry. If you jump off a cliff, remember to do a flip!!
Given the fluid nature of human connections, it can be challenging to pin down a single, definitive way to communicate your feelings for your sister in a non-verbal way. In light of the aforementioned, the most meaningful thing you can do for your sister is to support her through the ups and downs of her life, accept who she is as an individual, and rejoice with her over the accomplishments she achieves in her life. These quotes about sisters serve as a reminder that sisters are more than just close friends. They are always there for one another to offer assistance, support, and understanding.
You will feel both loves and hate for one another throughout this relationship. However, this connection is unbreakable by anyone. If you have a sister, it is incumbent upon you to care for her, ensure that she knows how special she is, and guard her at all times. Here are some quotes about sisters that will help strengthen your relationship with them.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 85 Happy 6th Birthday Wishes, Messages and Quotes for Kids
- 105 Inspiring Mother Daughter Messages — Inspirational Words of Wisdom
- 110 Cute Romantic Love Messages | Best Quotes About Romantic
- 140 Sweet Graduation Wishes and Congratulation Messages
- 80 Funny Birthday Wishes for Brother in Law – Happy Birthday
- 70 Ramadan Wishes – The Best Messages For Ramadan Kareem
- 65 Birthday Wishes for Niece – Happy Quotes About Niece
- 60 Heartfelt Birthday Wishes for Husband – Happy Birthday Husband
- 80 Short Baddie Instagram Captions: Attitude & Sassy To Copy & Paste
- 140 Best Sunflower Quotes and Sayings with Images
- 140 Famous Music Quotes: Inspiring Quotes About Music
- 160 Positive Affirmations Messages You Should Read Daily to Achieve Your Goals
- 180 Famous Change Quotes About Growth
- 180 Famous Marcus Aurelius Quotes and Sayings On Life, Attitude
- 36 Best and Cute Friendship Images With Quotes – Funny Images And Memes
Life1 year ago
60 Strong Prayer For Boyfriend – Prayer For Lover Success, Blessings
Motivational4 years ago
677 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes
Friendship2 years ago
145 Happy Birthday Paragraph For Best Friend: Long and Beautiful Bff paragraph
Motivational4 years ago
600 Inspirational Life Quotes To Motivate You Every Day
Life2 years ago
28 Amazing Good Morning Quotes and Wishes with Beautiful Images
Life4 years ago
100 Inspirational Buddha Quotes And Sayings That Will Enlighten You
Motivational3 years ago
347 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes (Inspiring)
Life4 years ago
35 Good Morning Quotes And Images That Will Inspire Your Day