Sympathy Quotes: Here is a list of sympathy quotes and words. Sitting next to someone who is sad is a strong feeling. It is the feeling of sorrow and compassion for someone who has had bad luck and a strong desire to do something to make that person feel better.
The word “sympathy” comes from a Greek word that means “fellow feeling” or “shared feeling.” A person who loses a loved one is going through one of the most difficult things that they can go through in their life. Having the right words for someone who’s sad is important. The following are a few words of comfort for the people you’ve lost who you love.
1. There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. – Mahatma Gandhi
2. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.
3. Keeping you close in heart and prayer for the loss of your beloved “name of deceased”.
4. Name of the deceased will always be within your heart and the many others that loved him/her and as close as a beautiful memory.
5. What moves through us is a silence, a quiet sadness, a longing for one more day, one more word, one more touch. We may not understand why you left this earth so soon, or why you left before we were ready to say good-bye, but little by little, we begin to remember not just that you died, but that you lived. And that your life gave us memories too beautiful to forget –Author Unknown
6. There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart. — Mahatma Gandhi
7. Thinking of you and wishing you peace and comfort as you remember “name of deceased”.
8. Wishing you peace to bring comfort, courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
9. Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity. – Terri Guillemets
10. Hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends and family for strength, and always remember how much you are loved.
11. May memories of “name of deceased” and the love of family surround you and give you strength in the days ahead.
12. Saying goodbye to someone we love is heartbreaking. May you find comfort in all the special memories shared with “name of deceased”.
13. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
14. Once upon a memory someone wiped away a tear, held me close and loved me, Thank you, dear. – Unknown
15. Wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow. – Renee O’neill
16. How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts -Dorothy Ferguson
17. Sympathy is two hearts tugging at one load. – Charles Henry Parkhurst
18. If you are unsure of what to write in a sympathy card, we offer a collection of condolence quotes and messages as examples:
19. May tender memories soften your grief, May fond recollection bring you relief, And may you find comfort and peace in the thought Of the joy that knowing your loved one brought… For time and space can never divide Or keep your loved one from your side. When memory paints in colors true, the happy hours that belonged to you. –Helen Steiner Rice
20. The memory of the righteous is a blessing. Proverbs 10:7
21. We share in this time of grief, but also share in the love and memories of “name of deceased”.
22. Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind. – Marcel Proust
23. When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know. – Unknown
24. In Memory of a life so beautifully lived…a heart so deeply loved. –Author Unknown
25. Remember how strong we are in our happiness and how weak he is in his misery! – Charles Dickens
26. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. Isaiah 43:2
27. What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us. – Helen Keller
28. Forever Remembered, Forever Missed.
29. With love and remembrance.
30. You can’t truly heal from a loss until you allow yourself to really feel the loss. – Mandy Hale
31. The world is full of suffering. It is also full of overcoming. – Helen Keller
32. Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain. – Unknown
Famous Sympathy Quotes And Sayings
34. Our joys will be greater, our love will be deeper, our life will be fuller because we shared your moment. – Unknown
35. Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us everyday. – Unknown
36. Life has never been easy. Nor is it meant to be. It is a matter of being joyous in the face of sorrow. – Dirk Benedict
37. As long as I can I will look at this world for both of us, as long as I can, I will laugh with the birds, I will sing with the flowers, I will pray to the stars, for both of us. – Unknown
38. Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow. – Rita Schiano
39. The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others. – Albert Schweitzer
40. Grant but memory to us and we lose nothing by death. – Whittier
41. Words cannot express my sadness. May the comfort of God help you through this difficult time.
42. Oh heart, if one should say to you that the soul perishes like the body, answer that the flower withers, but the seed remains. – Kahlil Gibran
43. It is much more easy to have sympathy with suffering than it is to have sympathy with thought. – Oscar Wilde
44. To sympathize with the suffering of others forges understanding, but that doesn’t mean they’ll put up with you. – Benson Bruno
45. It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. – George S. Patton
46. Sorrow is so easy to express and yet so hard to tell. – Joni Mitchell
47. Pain is certain, suffering is optional. – Buddha
48. And whoever walks a furlong without sympathy walks to his own funeral drest in his shroud. – Walt Whitman
49. May loving memories ease your loss and bring you comfort.
50. May there be comfort in knowing that someone so special will never be forgotten.
51. Our deepest sympathy.
52. Saying goodbye to someone we love is heartbreaking. May you find comfort in all the special memories shared with “name of deceased”.
Sympathy Quotes For Loss
54. Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever. –Author Unknown
55. Those who weep to recover more quickly than those who smile. – Jean Giraudoux
56. Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. – Emily Dickinson
57. Although it’s difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, May looking back in memory help comfort you tomorrow — Author unknown
58. To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. –Thomas Campbell
59. There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world — Author unknown
60. The morning glory blooms but for an hour and yet it differs not at heart from the giant pine that lives for a thousand years. –Teitoku Matsunaga, Japanese Poet
61. When I am lonely, I think of you and all that you brought to my life. Your memory rests gently on my soul. – Cindy Adkins
62. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever. – Alfred Lord Tennyson
63. Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you. – Hebrews
64. Only by joy and sorrow does a person know anything about themselves and their destiny. They learn what to do and what to avoid. – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
65. Be kind, be all sympathy, for each and every human being is forced to fight against himself. – Sri Chinmoy
66. Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same. – Unknown
67. Condolences to the bereaved family. My tears are flowing for a friend, a great girl. God rest her soul in peace!
68. There is something very morbid about modern sympathy with pain. – Oscar Wilde
69. Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts. – Dorothy Ferguson
70. Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. – Matthew
71. To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. – Thomas Campbell
Deep Sympathy Quotes
73. Wherever a beautiful soul has been there is a trail of beautiful memories –Author Unknown
74. May you take comfort in knowing there is one more angel above us. -Unknown
75. Some people come into our lives, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never the same. — Author unknown
76. For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness. – Psalms
77. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. – Isaiah
78. That though the radiance which was once so bright be now forever taken from my sight. Though nothing can bring back the hour of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower. We will grieve not, rather find strength in what remains behind. – William Wordswrth
79. Our trials, our sorrows, and our grieves develop us. – Orison Swett Marden
80. Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow. –Robert Louis Stevenson
81. For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity. –William Penn
82. A sympathetic friend can be quite as dear as a brother. – Homer
83. The sun, the moon, the wind, the stars, will forever be around, reminding you of the love you shared, and the peace she’s finally found. – Unknown
84. A human life is a story told by God. – Hans Christian Anderson
85. “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. –Abraham Lincoln
86. Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”” –From a headstone in Ireland”
87. Darkness may hide the trees and the flowers from the eyes but it cannot hide love from the soul. – Rumi
88. Learn to see the gift in the adversity. By doing this you will begin to find true peace in your struggle. – Stacey Urrutia
89. For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one. – Khalil Gibran
Sympathy Message And Condolence Quotes
91. Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy. –Author unknown
92. Remember me with smiles and laughter, for that is how I will remember you all. If you can only remember me with tears, then don’t remember me at all. – Laura Ingles Wilder
93. I am truly sorry for your loss. Your uncle will be missed and he will never be forgotten, may his soul rest in peace.
94. When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. –Kahlil Gibran
95. Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. My most heartfelt condolences.
96. There are no words. While you have joy knowing where your love is in a better place, there is sadness in the loss and grief. You are in our prayers. – Catherine Pulsifer
97. When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know — Author unknown
98. Your absence has gone through me like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its color. – W.S. Merwin
99. Truly, it is in darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest of all to us. – Meister Eckhart
100. The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives. – Norman Cousins
101. Earth hath no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal — Thomas Moore
102. If there was less sympathy in the world, there would be less trouble in the world. – Oscar Wilde
103. While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. –John Taylor
104. I know for certain that we never lose the people we love, even to death. They continue to participate in every act, thought and decision we make. Their love leaves an indelible imprint in our memories. We find comfort in knowing that our lives have been enriched by having shared their love. –Leo Buscaglia
105. No person is ever truly alone. Those who live no more, whom we loved, Echo still within our thoughts, our words, our hearts. – Richard Fife
106. Those we love don’t go away, They walk beside us every day, Unseen, unheard, but always near, Still loved, still missed and very dear. –Author unknown
107. If we wait until our lives are free from sorrow or difficulty, then we wait forever. And miss the entire point. – Dirk Benedict
108. No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. 1Cor 2:9
109. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4
110. Words seem inadequate to express the sorrow felt by the loss of “name of deceased”. My heart is with you.
111. It is not length of life, but depth of life. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
112. I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. John 11:25,26
113. Keeping you close in heart and prayer for the loss of your beloved “name of deceased”.
114. Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy. – Eskimo Proverb
115. May He who knows your sorrow bring peace, comfort, and healing to your soul.
116. Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
117. The angels are always near to those who are grieving, to whisper to them that their loved ones are safe in the hand of God. –Quoted in The Angels’ Little Instruction Book by Eileen Elias Freeman
118. You don’t get over it, you just get through it. You don’t get by it, because you can’t get around it. It doesn’t ‘get better’; it just gets different. Everyday grief puts on a new face. – Wendy Feireisen
Sympathy Biblical Verses
120. “Name of deceased” will always be within your heart and the many others that loved him/her and as close as a beautiful memory.
121. Someone as special as “name of deceased” will never be forgotten. He/she will remain in our hearts forever.
122. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort.
123. We will always cherish the beautiful memories of “name of deceased”.
124. I pray that in the midst of your sorrow you find comfort in all the joyful memories shared.
125. Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
126. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. Revelation 21:4
127. Words seem inadequate to express the sorrow felt by the loss of “name of deceased”. My heart is with you.
128. Tears are the silent language of grief. – Voltaire
129. A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again. – Maya Angelou
130. Someone as special as “name of deceased” will never be forgotten. He/she will remain in our hearts forever.
131. The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity. – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
132. Do not think of me as gone. I am with you still in each new dawn. – Native American Poem
133. What is lovely never dies, but passes into another loveliness, Star-dust or sea-foam, Flower or winged air. – Thomas Bailey Aldrich
Best Sympathy Quotes
135. While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil. – John Taylor
136. The darker the night, the brighter the stars, the deeper the grief, the closer is God! – Fyodor Dostoyevsk
137. To desire and expect nothing for oneself and to have profound sympathy for others is genuine holiness. – Ivan Turgenev
138. He spoke well who said that graves are the footprints of angels. – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
139. Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in time of sorrow. – Robert Louis Stevenson
140. For some moments in life there are no words. – David Seltzer
141. It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember. – Unknown
142. With loving memories of “name of deceased”.
143. Your life was a blessing, your memory a treasure. You are loved beyond words and missed beyond measure. – Renee Wood
144. The Remembrance of the good done those we have loved is the only consolation when we have lost them. – Demoustier
145. All sympathy not consistent with acknowledged virtue is but disguised selfishness. – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
146. Developing our sympathetic compassion is not only possible but the only reason for us to be here on earth. – George Saunders
Short Sympathy Quotes
148. My heart is with you in your time of sorrow.
149. Cardinals appear when angels are near With our love and deepest sympathy as we remember “name of deceased”. For further information, see Examples of Sympathy Notes
150. We will always cherish the beautiful memories of “name of deceased”.
151. Wishing you peace and strength during this difficult time.
152. We pray the love for the lost is forever carried in your memory.
153. Words can’t express how saddened we are to hear of your loss.
154. Grief is the price we pay for love.
155. I hope you feel surrounded by much love.
156. Name of deceased will be greatly missed but his/her warmth, kindness, and gentle spirit will be remembered forever.
157. We are here for you and your family, now and forever.
158. Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.
159. However long the night, the dawn will break.
160. From the end spring new beginnings.
161. We should feel sorrow, but not sink under its oppression. – Confucius
162. You and your family are in our prayers. Sorry to hear of your loss.
163. May the memory of (name) bring you comfort and peace.
164. May the love of God heal you as the burden in your heart abounds. – Unknown
165. Any mind that is capable of real sorrow is capable of good. – Hariet Beecher Stowe
Finally, don’t be scared to convey your heartfelt sympathy in words and actions to those who are suffering. The use of this technique can be used to demonstrate your concern to someone who may not be ready to hear it from the sounds surrounding them.
Even if you don’t have the words to express your sorrow, you may use these compassion quotes to express your feelings. You don’t have to say much to express how much you care about someone. It is enough to show that you care.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- 85 Happy 6th Birthday Wishes, Messages and Quotes for Kids
- 105 Inspiring Mother Daughter Messages — Inspirational Words of Wisdom
- 110 Cute Romantic Love Messages | Best Quotes About Romantic
- 140 Sweet Graduation Wishes and Congratulation Messages
- 80 Funny Birthday Wishes for Brother in Law – Happy Birthday
- 70 Ramadan Wishes – The Best Messages For Ramadan Kareem
- 65 Birthday Wishes for Niece – Happy Quotes About Niece
- 60 Heartfelt Birthday Wishes for Husband – Happy Birthday Husband
- 80 Short Baddie Instagram Captions: Attitude & Sassy To Copy & Paste
- 140 Best Sunflower Quotes and Sayings with Images
- 140 Famous Music Quotes: Inspiring Quotes About Music
- 160 Positive Affirmations Messages You Should Read Daily to Achieve Your Goals
- 180 Famous Change Quotes About Growth
- 180 Famous Marcus Aurelius Quotes and Sayings On Life, Attitude
- 36 Best and Cute Friendship Images With Quotes – Funny Images And Memes
Life1 year ago
60 Strong Prayer For Boyfriend – Prayer For Lover Success, Blessings
Motivational4 years ago
677 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes
Friendship2 years ago
145 Happy Birthday Paragraph For Best Friend: Long and Beautiful Bff paragraph
Motivational4 years ago
600 Inspirational Life Quotes To Motivate You Every Day
Life2 years ago
28 Amazing Good Morning Quotes and Wishes with Beautiful Images
Life4 years ago
100 Inspirational Buddha Quotes And Sayings That Will Enlighten You
Motivational3 years ago
347 Motivational & Inspirational Quotes (Inspiring)
Life4 years ago
35 Good Morning Quotes And Images That Will Inspire Your Day